MLS Cold Laser A Non-Invasive Pain Treatment
MLS® Laser Treatment is the most innovative treatment available to relieve pain and inflammation. At Country Foot Care, we are proud to be on the cutting-edge of podiatric care. Our ability to offer MLS Laser as one of our alternative treatment options allows our patients to experience much more rapid improvement than they otherwise might, relieving their pain and restoring their mobility as quickly as possible.
MLS, or Multiwave Locked System Therapy Laser, has been approved by the FDA and has a proven track record of success in studies conducted at Harvard University and elsewhere. Using specific wavelengths of light, MLS has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effects on damaged tissues. Tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves very quickly when exposed to MLS, relieving pain and swelling almost immediately.
What is the difference between MLS and other laser therapies?
Traditional laser treatments are based on the use of diode lasers which are unable to produce the powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-edema, pain-relieving effects of MLS. This is because MLS emits a combination of synchronized continuous and pulsed emissions of varying infrared wavelengths. Because of this synchronization, the anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the treatment reinforce one another, making the process of pain relief and reduction of edema synergistic and, therefore, much more efficient. In addition, unlike earlier types of laser technology, MLS laser therapy delivers controlled laser energy, providing precise dose delivery and therefore more consistent results.
Benefits of MLS Therapy
The benefits of MLS therapy are many and varied. It has been noted that MLS treatment works through several physiological pathways and so can be used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation and swelling, and promote rapid healing in the following ways:
- Working as an anti-inflammatory, causing vasodilation and promoting lymphatic drainage
- Reducing pain by blocking transmission to brain cells and producing high levels of endorphins
- Accelerating tissue repair and cell growth
- Improving vascular activity by increasing the formation of new capillaries
- Increasing metabolic activity
- Stimulating trigger and acupuncture points, providing noninvasive musculoskeletal pain relief
- Reducing formation of fibrous tissue, thus reducing scar tissue formation
- Speeding up recovery of nerve tissue
- Stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes to help regulate the immune system
- Stimulating essential protein (collagen) production to accelerate postsurgical and wound healing
MLS treatments have been shown in some research studies to lessen pain and inflammation by 75 percent.
What Is an MLS Laser Treatment Like?
At Country Foot Care we use MLS therapy to treat a number of foot and ankle conditions. While only one of our many treatment options, MLS has the advantage of being noninvasive and pain-free, producing rapid results with no negative side effects. A treatment session lasts for only about seven minutes. Many patients experience increased comfort at the application site during the procedure. Most patients experience positive results after one to three treatments, though the usual course of treatment involves 7 to 10 therapeutic sessions. Typically, the more acute the condition, the more immediately the patient experiences relief. Chronic conditions can usually be kept under control with ongoing regular therapy sessions.
Conditions Successfully Treated with MLS Therapy
At Country Foot Care we use MLS therapy for a great many purposes with a high rate of success. Conditions that may be treated effectively with MLS include:
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders, sore muscles, muscle strains and tears
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological pain and specific neurological conditions
- Presurgical swelling and postsurgical pain
- Inflammation, swelling, and general pain
- Poor blood circulation at the injury or postsurgical site
- Slow-healing wounds and ulcers
Why Country Foot Care is the Place to Come for MLS Therapy
Our offices are well-equipped with the most up-to-date equipment used in MLS therapy and our doctors are highly trained and experienced in these procedures. If you are suffering from intractable pain of the feet or ankles and have not been helped by other therapeutic methods, this may be the perfect time for you to consult with the compassionate specialists at Country Foot Care to explore MLS as a groundbreaking option in healing and pain relief.