We Are Pleased to Welcome to our Practice Gerald A. Esmond, D.P.M., A.B.M.S.P.
Dr. Esmond has been practicing on Long Island for nearly 20 years. Known for his calm and caring demeanor. Dr. Esmond is well versed in the full scope of podiatry, including surgery, sports medicine, orthopedics and biomechanics. He also specializes in diabetic foot care, which includes wound prevention and healing, diabetic shoes and diagnostic testing. Dr. Esmond is a board certified Diplomate of the American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry. In addition, he has worked with multiple Endocrinology practices as part of multidisciplinary teams, where he worked with other care professionals to develop diabetic foot care appropriate, evidence-based pathways, protocols, policies, and clinical guidelines of care. Dr. Esmond consistently and effectively maintains excellent doctor-patient relationships and looks forward to once again caring for your foot health needs.
Dr. Esmond graduated from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 1999. His post graduate residency training was completed at the Department of Veterans Medical Center in Northport. Originally from Listowel, County Kerry in Ireland, Dr. Esmond now resides on Long Island with his family and is involved in volunteer activities locally and globally including volunteering as team podiatrist for Achilles Track Club where he participated in fundraising, podiatric services for people with disabilities who compete in athletic activities and accompanying a team of sixdisabled athletes on an expedition to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. In addition, he and his family are active supporters of The INN, an organization on Long Island that fights hunger and homelessness through crisis and transitional services (www.the-inn.org). Dr. Esmond is affiliated with the Northwell Hospital system, and will soon be on staff at NYU Winthrop Hospital.
COUNTRY FOOT CARE OFFERS A ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR ALL OF YOUR FOOT AND ANKLE NEEDS
• FULL SERVICE PODIATRY GROUP
• EXTENSIVE IN-OFFICE IMAGING AND VASCULAR DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
• COMPREHENSIVE DIABETIC FOOT CARE
• COSMETIC TOENAIL LASER TREATMENT FOR FUNGAL NAILS
• IN-OFFICE MEDICAL SHOE STORE (DIABETIC, RUNNING & DRESS SHOES)
• CUSTOM AND PRE-FABRICATE ORTHOTICS AND ANKLE BRACES
• HOLISTIC NON-INVASIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT VIA SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
• BOUTIQUE IN-OFFICE PODIATRY PRODUCT LINE
• TRADITIONAL AND HOLISTIC SPORTS MEDICINE TREATMENTS
• COMPREHENSIVE PEDIATRIC FOOT CARE INCLUDING GAIT ANALYSIS
• GERIATRIC FOOT CARE (PALLIATIVE CARE & ARTHRITIS PAIN MANAGEMENT)