Do your feet constantly hurt? Do you dread the idea of getting up and moving around? Have you developed issues like hammertoes, bunions or ingrown toenails? If you answered yes to any of these questions, it might be time to reevaluate your relationship with your feet. If you walk, run, or stand a lot, your feet bear a lot of weight and likely feel strained. This can be troublesome over time and lead to a host of complex conditions that impact they way you are able to move. Enough is enough. It’s time to pamper your feet! Here are some suggestions to do so:
- Invest in good shoes and socks. You won’t believe the world of difference it can make to have a pair that is both functional and supportive. Depending on your foot type, you may need special arches, wider toes, ankle support, heel cushions, a combination of these features — or something else entirely. Our New York offices have a full stock of shoes and socks to choose from, and you can speak with an in-store specialist about what might be best for you based on your needs. And don’t think that comfort means sacrificing style — there are plenty of options that are both trendy and beneficial. Our modern and complete shoe store carries all types of shoes to cover your feet stylishly and comfortably for every sports activity or dressy occasion.
- Have regular appointments. This is especially important if you have chronic issues, such as diabetes, or if you play competitive sports that put a lot of strain on your feet. Tracking the way your feet change as you age or as you enter different situations, can help narrow down treatment options and having a professional to guide you can help you feel at ease with the process. We have three Long Island locations, all with weekend and evening hours for your convenience. Click here to make an appointment.
- Don’t ignore problems. We understand that you may want to try to fix the problem on your own, but often this is not the most sensible practice. If you have a question or concern, call or stop in for a brief consultation. You’ll rest better knowing you have the care and resources you need close by. Be aware that we have a full array of diagnostic equipment — X-rays, fluoroscopy, vascular studies, and ultrasound — to help us diagnose and treat any podiatric problem accurately and promptly.
- Take a load off as needed. There’s a difference between resting and being idle. Movement is good, but taking breaks is important, too. Don’t be afraid to kick back and put your feet up and relax with a good movie or book from time to time.
- Remember — if you are distracted or distraught by aches and pains in your feet or ankles, we are here to help you get back in the game. Our onsite physical therapy, cold laser and shockwave treatments can get you back into shape in no time, diminishing your pain and maximizing your performance.
Your feet are an important part of your body, so it’s important that you take care of them accordingly. When it comes to keeping feet healthy and avoiding painful conditions, a little prevention can go a long way. Take time for your feet so you’ll feel better in the long run — and if you need help mapping out a foot care plan, call or drop in to chat.